Varnish 2.1.4 rpm's - bad key error when installing on Centos 5.5 x86

Glen Kelly Glen.Kelly at fire.tas.gov.au
Fri Nov 5 00:21:09 CET 2010

Hi Ruslan

That sort of worked, I had to use the -nosignature flag instead. Also because of dependencies it would not let me upgrade, I had to uninstall and reinstall.

But big negative is that it breaks the rpm -q option. Until these rpm's are fixed I cannot use them in production. I assume the developers read this mailing list but in case they don't how do I go about raising a bug report?

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# rpm --nosignature -Uvh varnish-libs-2.1.4-1.el5.x86_64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        varnish-libs = 2.1.3-1.el5 is needed by (installed) varnish-2.1.3-1.el5.x86_64

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# rpm --nosignature -Uvh varnish-2.1.4-1.el5.x86_64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        varnish-libs = 2.1.4-1.el5 is needed by varnish-2.1.4-1.el5.x86_64

 (root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# rpm -qa | grep varn
varnish-libs-2.1.3-1.el5
varnish-2.1.3-1.el5

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# rpm -e varnish-2.1.3-1.el5
warning: /etc/varnish/default.vcl saved as /etc/varnish/default.vcl.rpmsave
warning: /etc/sysconfig/varnish saved as /etc/sysconfig/varnish.rpmsave
warning: /etc/logrotate.d/varnish saved as /etc/logrotate.d/varnish.rpmsave

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# rpm -e varnish-libs-2.1.3-1.el5

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# rpm --nosignature -i varnish-libs-2.1.4-1.el5.x86_64.rpm

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# rpm --nosignature -i varnish-2.1.4-1.el5.x86_64.rpm

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# rpm -qa | grep varn
error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h#     395 Header V4 RSA/SHA256 signature: BAD, key ID c4deffeb
error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h#     394 Header V4 RSA/SHA256 signature: BAD, key ID c4deffeb

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# service varnish start
Starting varnish HTTP accelerator:                         [  OK  ]

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# service varnishlog start
Starting varnish logging daemon:                           [  OK  ]

(root at bolrpdev1:/tmp)# varnishd -V
varnishd (varnish-2.1.4 SVN 5447M)
Copyright (c) 2006-2009 Linpro AS / Verdens Gang AS

Regards Glen

[cid:tasfire_wakeup_small4cad.jpg]<http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/mysite/Show?pageId=colDayLightSavings>
P Do you need to print this? Consider the environment, prevent paper waste.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
The information in this transmission may be confidential and/or protected by legal professional privilege, and is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you are not such a person, you are warned that any disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised. If you have received the transmission in error, please immediately contact this office by telephone, fax or email, to inform us of the error and to enable arrangements to be made for the destruction of the transmission, or its return at our cost. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised use of the information contained in this transmission.