Using Varnish to accelerate CouchDB

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Sat Nov 6 19:48:05 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Karel Minařík <karel.minarik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Michal,
>
>> you will need some kind of cache invalidation. When you change the data
>> in CouchDB, your application will have to notify Varnish the document
>> has changed and should purge it form the cache.
>
> well, that's certainly doable, but I would rather not mess with cache
> invalidation -- that'd bring a whole different layer in the stack.

I haven't really ever touched Couch, but from what I overheard I think
you can embed custom code into the database, meaning it should not be
to hard to wactually have the database call out to Varnish and
invalidate the content itself.

You might have more luck asking on the Couch list, though.

--
Per Buer,  Varnish Software
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / skype: per.buer