Objects and objects head

rickytato rickytato rickytato at r2consulting.it
Tue Nov 16 14:50:20 CET 2010

2010/11/16 Taylan Develioglu <tdevelioglu at ebuddy.com>

> On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 11:35 +0100, rickytato rickytato wrote:
> > I've two varnish server, balanced from DNS-RR, so the connection are
> > pretty same ;
>
> I'm surprised they are.

The traffic's not much, but there are ~25r/s on servers.

> Does your backend send any Vary: header ? Varnish will cache different
> instances of an object based on the presence of it.

No, the backend are 2 Nginx servers which manage only static contents.
Varnish is 2.1.4 for all two servers.

I can't understand why server1 object and object head are ugual, while
aren't on server2.

The HTTP header you can see here:
http://1.citynews-milanotoday.stgy.it/pictures/20100903/polizia_5.jpeg

1.citynews-milanotoday.it is in DNS-RR on two IP address (server1 and
server2); no Vary header.

rr