Purging

Alan Gutierrez alan at prettyrobots.com
Fri Oct 15 00:32:07 CEST 2010

  When you have an application that generates content, that you update
infrequently, like pages in a CMS, how do you handle the case of the
displaying the changes to the infrequent quickly?

Do you set a short cache duration and then make it even shorter when
authors are making changes to pages?

Or do you wait until save and purge the cache entry for that particular
page?

I'm sure this is a FAQ and I've seen bits and pieces of answers. A
pointer or keyword search suggestions would be great.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan at prettyrobots.com - http://twitter.com/bigeasy