Varnish child killed

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Thu Apr 21 19:41:03 CEST 2011

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, Jean-Francois Laurens wrote:
> 2. hitratio
> My hit ratio is pretty low around 50%.
> It used to be around 70% with the version 2.0.6 and dropped down to 50%.
> I can’t explain it as what was changed was only :
> In vcl_fetch, replace obj by beresp
> Replace calls to pass or deliver by return(deliver) or return(pass)

Is this for http://www.tsr.ch/ ?

If your hit ratio is 60% with a million objects then something is very
wrong. You have enough images there you should be well over 90% hits.

Run "varnishlog -b"

and see what your cache misses are ( or do look in your backend logs ).

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.