creating vmods

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at varnish-software.com
Tue Aug 2 08:54:46 CEST 2011

]] AD

| Its actually not as bad as i thought. I realized i was editing
| everything *AFTER* running configure and autogen, which created a LOT
| of files from just a few set of templates.  Looks like you only need
| to touch src/Makefile.am and configure.ac and you are set.  Sorry for
| the confusion...

Indeed, you shouldn't really need to edit any of the .in files, nor the
Makefiles themselves.  Just edit Makefile.am, configure.ac and
src/Makefile.am as appropriate.

And yes, it's correct that you probably have to rename some of the .c
and .vcc files to more appropriate names for your project.

I guess we might want to add a pointer to some easy auto* documentation
and a quick «how to get started» guide in the libvmod-example readme
file.

Please also ote that it's not required to use libvmod-example as a
basis; you can start from scratch, but we believe it's a useful starting
point, unless you really enjoy hacking on build systems and such. :-)

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen
Varnish Software