neverending saga of varnish + joomla

Kevin k at kevinkevin.com
Tue Aug 9 00:13:13 CEST 2011

Hey there,

I thought I’d send a note that I have finally gotten Varnish to work with Joomla. I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this list that has helped me throughout the last little while until I finally got it working.

I ended up modifying the joomla code to send an additional HTTP header to identify if the session was logged in or not, as well , I heeded the advice here and stripped all cookies except for the login page, among a few other things.

I detailed my experiences in my blog , if anyone is interested. I tried to be as detailed as possible :

http://blog.stardothosting.com/2011/08/08/varnish-caching-with-joomla/

Thanks!