Increasing transient memory usage

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Aug 22 08:22:10 CEST 2011

In message <CADAfL_hw_Y69f6SQxPKE8dvUt9mckcNd0GhY_qr1VbONqvzaBw at mail.gmail.com>
, Bryan Stillwell writes:

>I believe I'm running into the problem mentioned in this bug report:
>
>https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/ticket/953
>
>I've tried the following fix, but it doesn't appear to fix the problem:
>
>https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/changeset/beb0c5b1f4f49d711822e90ca73d69bbed683a71

I'm still trying to find the root cause of this issue.

The current theory is that the objects in the transient storage do not
get expired, but I have not found out why.

Any information you can get me in that direction would be helpful.

In particular, please try out the -trunk version, which has a number
of fixes which might bear on this issue.