Need help: Varnish unexpectedly flushing cache weekly

Joshua Levine jlevine at iwin.com
Thu Aug 25 08:33:50 CEST 2011

Hi Jordi!

Been a while… :)

We have definitely seen the issue, though I am happy to say it has been months since the last time.

I recommend that you start with a look at SESS_WORKSPACE, default is 8192, but we set this to 32768 as we were seeing crashes:

# http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/364
# http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/ticket/391

The 32768 matches what we have set as the max on our load balancers as well as in our http profile.

Cheers,
Joshua