Varnish 2.1.4 issue with ISA proxy

linuxsupport lin.support at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:28:01 CET 2011

Hi,

I have varnish 2.1.4 running for last 3 months, everything was working well,
suddenly I got complaints from multiple users that they can not open the
sites.

users are using ISA porxy to reach to internet, it seems issue when ISA and
Varnish both are used, users made some test and reported as below.

1. If they do not use ISA proxy sites open perfectly (bypass ISA proxy)
2. If they do not use Varnish sites works well (bypass Varnish)

On firefox half of the page open, and on Chrome it says duplicate
content-length error.

I am not sure why this happens when both ISA and Varnish are used.

Please let me know if anyone else encountered the same issue.

Thanks