Connections dropped under load

Caunter, Stefan scaunter at topscms.com
Tue Jan 11 00:48:55 CET 2011

Hi George,

I assumed your management access is on port 6082. Adjust to your configured varnishd please.

Thread creation and pool size monitoring is essential to handling traffic spikes. If load test exceeded the configured available maximums varnish will drop connections, cache hit or no.

A thread is required to answer a network connection. You don't get something for nothing. Unless varnish has resources to get that cached object, it cannot do anything for your requesting clients, real or test.

Sent from my iPhone