Configuration Questions & Assistance

ken at simplyprecise.com ken at simplyprecise.com
Thu Jul 21 22:27:07 CEST 2011

Hey All,

I'm working on getting Varnish working with Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.3.
I run multiple sites based off of Invision Power Board (eg: IP.Board),
and they are configured in Apache as Name Virtual Hosts, and are all
on the same IP Address.

I've gotten Varnish to show the appropriate sites when visiting them,
but keep coming across some issues.

One of those such issues, is that it seems that when Varnish is
enabled and I visit a page that is PHP based, but the PHP code starts
with <? instead of <?php, that code is not parsed, and is instead
displayed on the browser.

Another issue I'm having happens with javascript.  We have a specific
Java Script based Ad that's displayed using Google Ad Manager.  The
javascript file is hosted on our site, and called using Google Ad
Manager code.  It seems that when varnish is enabled, that the
JavaScript code is being displayed rather than parsed as Java Script.

I'm hoping someone will be able to assist me with this.

Thanks so much,
Ken