varnish is using all file descriptors

Vince cooltechemail at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 22:08:35 CEST 2011

We are using CentOS 5.6 64-bit

I'll try set it to a higher number. Do we need to turn any kernel parameters
if we set it to a really high number, say 1M, on CentOS?

However, a higher number doesn't mean we have found the problem. Our varnish
server is serving about 300-400 requests per second. When it runs ok we
checked /proc/PID/fd and it uses less than 100 file descriptors. But when it
goes wrong all 65536 file descriptors have been used. Is this normal?

Thank you!