Intermittent 503's from Varnish

AD straightflush at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 16:52:14 CET 2011

Hmm that seems strange.  So if you dont set grace mode, saint mode just
offers you the ability to use an alternate backend and take one out of
rotation?  Grace mode seems to be a different use case where it will serve
stale while multiple requests are requesting the same object to prevent
request queueing.

Otherwise cant you achieve the same result with a director + healthchecks?