varnish incorrect back-end selection problem

Guy Brodie guyb at spc.int
Thu Nov 10 23:23:51 CET 2011

Aha... thats it!  - Thankyou Andreas!

Yes we have some pipe employed as work arounds for issues with range requests, If-Modified-Since / e-tags, and some large download/streaming requests.

I put the suggested change in, and it has worked for the back-end selection problem just fine.  I'm off to regression test the other reasons we had the pipe command in there, although it looks like a pretty straight-forward fix.

Thanks again,

Guy.