varnish cach question

Your Friend parsimail2001 at yahoo.se
Tue Sep 20 08:57:48 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

I'm using malloc for Varnish. I'm using a php application which runs deamons for live streaming (text-streaming) and has a big issue with memory, also memory leak so I desided to use echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches.

Here comes the problem! I think this command resets varnish's cache! (not 100% sure.)

How can I stop memory leaking without resetting Varnish cache? (my php application is the latest version and I can't replace it with an other application)

OS: Ubuntu 9.10
varnish: v. 2.1
memory: 3GB

Best regards,