Fwd: Re: URL rewrite with Varnish

James Light j.gareth.light at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:07:17 CEST 2012

http://10.0.0.10:8888/content/site/EN.html and whole site is on base url:

http://mysite.mydomain.com/ - I want to remove whole stuff after / from url.

> Rule:
> sub vcl_recv {
> if (req.http.host ~ "^(www\.)?mysite\.mydomain\.com$" ) {
>   set req.url = regsub(req.url, "^/content/site/", "/");
> }
> }
>
> isn't working at all.
>
> Regards
> R.

Is your backend configured to respond to requests to that hostname and does
it have a way to know that "/content/site" is aliased to "/" ?
Sorry if I'm missing something but it seems like a rewrite rule on the
backend is more appropriate for this sort of thing, no?