URL rewrite with Varnish

AD straightflush at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:25:48 CEST 2012

You should be able to easily rewrite the req.http.header value in vcl_recv

 if (req.http.host == "mysite.domain.com") {
    set req.http.host = "10.0.0.10";
 }

To Rafal's point, this will pass the Host header of 10.0.0.10 to your
backend. Make sure you backend is configured to be port 8888

backend default {
     .host = "127.0.0.1";
     .port = "8888";
 }