varnishd restarting randomly

Lasse Karstensen lasse.karstensen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:37:12 CEST 2012

Glenn-Erik Sandbakken:
> Theres nothing about grace in the vcl configuration used, so if grace is
> not default we're not using grace.
> I have never experienced any problems with other applications/processes
> running on www.mp3lyrics.com
> If it's due to bad ram then I guess the only solution is switching to a new
> server if we wan't to continue using varnish?
> Attached is the default.vcl varnish configuration used.

Hi.

What version of Varnish are you running? Are you running distribution
binaries, or something you've compiled yourself?

The management process should log to syslog when the child dies. Can you supply
an example of these lines, please.

Is there any debugging information available when you run "panic.show" in
varnishadm/the management console?

--
Lasse Karstensen
Varnish Software AS