RESTful API PHP 302 response

Mark Strickland smsmail at roadrunner.com
Thu Aug 30 01:41:26 CEST 2012

I have a RESTful API on my website that uses the Tonic.php frame work to
create the API.  I am running Apache2 and Varnish.  The web site and the API
works great, but the API returns a code 302 along with the data.  It is
causing the client apps to have trouble getting the data from the API.  Is
there any way to get a 200 response sent back?  I though the below would
stop the 302 response, but it is not.  If you need more information or want
to try the API let me know and I will send you the information.

# Do not cache these paths.

  if (req.url ~ "^/status\.php$" ||

      req.url ~ "^/update\.php$" ||

      req.url ~ "^/admin$" ||