Sticky sessions based on source IP always on the same backend.

Rafał Radecki radecki.rafal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 12:03:44 CET 2012

Hi all.

I am using configuration from attachement. I use client director and
sticky sessions based on source IP.
I am curious about how does the client director compute the hash for
every source IP and makes a decision from which backend to fetch the
content. Could you please provide some details about it?
Is it possible to always fetch the content for an IP from the same backend?
What about a situation when I have two varnish servers in
active/passive configuration and one of them dies and the other takes
its place? Would the hash fo an IP be the same on the second server?
Would the request be fetched from the same backend after varnish
failover?

Best regards,
Rafal.