Varnish Example VCL configs

Chris Davies isp at daviesinc.com
Sat Jan 21 20:37:22 CET 2012

Since releasing a Wordpress plugin, I've been bombarded with requests for 'the definitive' WordPress VCL. I know that Dr. Carter and I have published some VCL that is fairly decent for Wordpress but has been missing a few features.

I've added a section to the Wiki including VCL Example Templates. While they may not be absolutely perfect, I haven't had any major issues with these configs, influenced by a number of VCL config files floating around the Internet.

I would like to collect base templates for other applications, i.e. Magento, Typepad, Drupal, Joomla, etc and have them on this page for people to refer to that are just getting started with Varnish. If you would like to submit the VCL to me, or, post them on the wiki, I think a number of people may benefit from it.

https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/VCLExamples#VCLExampleTemplates

Thank you.

I'll be adding comments to the VCL to better explain the choices made in the VCL, but, now we have a place to direct people.