Varnish consultants

Rubén Romero ruben at varnish-software.com
Thu Jun 7 11:01:28 CEST 2012

Hi Richard,

What you need, sounds like we offer in the Diagnostic Package, which
probably also has a price point closer to your budget (it is listed on the
price plan). For more information and pricing, see:
https://www.varnish-software.com/products-services/diagnostics-varnish-cache

Also, Varnish Training is always a good option so you can fix such issues
yourselves. We have a classroom session planned for San Francisco at the
end of the month (after Velocity). Details and registration:
https://www.varnish-software.com/products-services/training/varnish-administration-course

Should you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch with me
directly.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Richard Price <richard at academia.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm the founder of Academia.edu, which is a platform for academics to
> share research papers. We have been using Varnish for about 18 months, and
> have recently been experiencing some issues where items are falling out of
> the cache after a few minutes, despite a ttl of 30 days, leading to a 50%
> hit rate.
>
> We've established that the pages are not being nuked by Varnish, nor are
> we purging them. We're looking to have an experienced eye look over our
> Varnish config to see if anything stands out.
>
> Does anyone on this list know of any Varnish consultants who we might be
> able to hire on an hourly basis? I've looked into the price plan at
> https://www.varnish-software.com/products-services/price-plan, but it
> looks like the minimum spend there is 3,300 euros, and we are just looking
> for someone to scan our config for an hour or two initially, so an hourly
> consulting rate would suit us better.
>
> Any recommendations or leads would be very helpful. We are based in San
> Francisco. Many thanks,
>
> Richard
>

> --
> Richard Price
> Founder and CEO, Academia.edu
> *
> *
> *Academia.edu is a platform for academics to share research papers. Its
> mission is to accelerate the world's research. It is transforming the way
> scientists communicate.*
> *
> *
> *Read more on our blog <http://blog.academia.edu>, or watch a speech<http://bit.ly/AwKvux>I gave on the future of science.
> *
>
> o: 415 829 2341
> a: http://oxford.academia.edu/RichardPrice
> t:  http://twitter.com/richardprice100
> l:  http://linkedin.com/in/RichardPrice

All the best,
--
Rubén Romero, Global Sales Executive
Phone: +47 21 98 92 62 / Mobile: +47 959 64 088 / Skype&Twitter: