Varnish consultants

Richard Price richard at academia.edu
Thu Jun 7 00:29:07 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm the founder of Academia.edu, which is a platform for academics to share
research papers. We have been using Varnish for about 18 months, and have
recently been experiencing some issues where items are falling out of the
cache after a few minutes, despite a ttl of 30 days, leading to a 50% hit
rate.

We've established that the pages are not being nuked by Varnish, nor are we
purging them. We're looking to have an experienced eye look over our
Varnish config to see if anything stands out.

Does anyone on this list know of any Varnish consultants who we might be
able to hire on an hourly basis? I've looked into the price plan at
https://www.varnish-software.com/products-services/price-plan, but it looks
like the minimum spend there is 3,300 euros, and we are just looking for
someone to scan our config for an hour or two initially, so an hourly
consulting rate would suit us better.

Any recommendations or leads would be very helpful. We are based in San
Francisco. Many thanks,

Richard

--
Richard Price