Varnish access log client IP's the same

Harris, Shirley A. Shirley.Harris at DOS.MyFlorida.com
Mon Jun 18 14:16:10 CEST 2012

Yes, it was a networking problem. Thank you for helping.

Florida is headed in the right direction! View Florida's Jobs Growth Chart: http://www.flgov.com/photoview/jobcreationchart.jpg
The Department of State is leading the commemoration of Florida's 500th anniversary in 2013. For more information, please go to www.fla500.com.
The Department of State is committed to excellence. Please take our Customer Satisfaction Survey: http://survey.dos.state.fl.us/index.aspx?email=Shirley.Harris@DOS.MyFlorida.com
-----Original Message-----
From: varnish-misc-bounces at varnish-cache.org
[mailto:varnish-misc-bounces at varnish-cache.org] On Behalf Of Hugo
Cisneiros (Eitch)
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 6:09 PM
To: varnish-misc at varnish-cache.org
Subject: Re: Varnish access log client IP's the same

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Harris, Shirley A.
<Shirley.Harris at dos.myflorida.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Everything was working then about a month ago the Varnish access log
started showing 2.2.2.2 and 2.2.2.3 as almost all the client IP
addresses.

> The client IP as Varnish sees it is now set up to show in Apache's
access log, but the problem seems to be that Varnish still sees the IP
addresses as 2.2.2.2 or 2.2.2.3.

Since varnish gets the client IP from the network, probably this is not
a varnish problem, but a networking one. Some other host must be getting
the requests and passing to varnish, including the X-Forwarded-For HTTP
header. I'd go with network analysis tool to discover what is happening
(on linux, tcpdump or iptraf for example).

--
[]'s
Hugo