Varnish access log client IP's the same

Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch) hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 00:09:22 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Harris, Shirley A.
<Shirley.Harris at dos.myflorida.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Everything was working then about a month ago the Varnish access log started showing 2.2.2.2 and 2.2.2.3 as almost all the client IP addresses.
>
> The client IP as Varnish sees it is now set up to show in Apache’s access log, but the problem seems to be that Varnish still sees the IP addresses as 2.2.2.2 or 2.2.2.3.

Since varnish gets the client IP from the network, probably this is
not a varnish problem, but a networking one. Some other host must be
getting the requests and passing to varnish, including the
X-Forwarded-For HTTP header. I'd go with network analysis tool to
discover what is happening (on linux, tcpdump or iptraf for example).

--
[]'s
Hugo