Conditional Backend Request with stale objects

Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch) hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 22:51:56 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Paulo Paracatu
<paulo at aliancaproject.com> wrote:
> There is a patch to do this: Backend Conditional Requests
> https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/BackendConditionalRequests
>
> But I don't really know the status of it. I don't see anyone talking about
> it here since few months ago.

I have tried this patch in the past and it worked very well.

The only reason I didn't use in production yet is because it does not
really help me because here Apache is generating the pages with some
Server Side Includes. I did some tests and if the content of a SSI
changes, Apache will not update the original etag since the static
html never changed.

But this is a limitation of Apache and not the patch. Give it a try! :)

--
[]'s
Hugo