Monitor per site in Varnish

Magnus Hagander magnus at hagander.net
Fri Sep 28 00:46:36 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Johan Olsson
<Johan.Olsson at bonnierdigital.se> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I’ve been looking on how to monitor varnish. I’ve found that there exists a
> snmp for varnish which gives some info that is good to have. I’ve found it
> and looked at it (http://sourceforge.net/projects/varnishsnmp/), but it
> dosen’t give all that I need (I think). What I’m missing is to be able to
> monitor how much traffic one site is using. So if I have two sites like
> www.example1.com and www.example2.com, I would like to be able to get how
> many connections each one gets and how much Mbps each one is using.
>
> Is this possible to do?

You can always hook yourself up directly to the logging buffer and
read the data from there, or feed off varnishncsa in a pipe for
example. IIRC the internal counters don't really give you things
broken down per domain - because a domain is just on of a bazillion
different things you might want to do things off...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/