Dynamic ACLs

Paul A. Procacci pprocacci at datapipe.com
Sat Apr 13 08:32:51 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 09:28:28PM -0300, Tom Lobato wrote:

>       Hi All!
>
>       Is there a way to change ACL content dynamically?
>
>       I need to declare something like...
>
>       acl alternative_backend {
>               "domain1.com";
>               "domain2.com;
>       }
>
>       and change its content (add/del itens) in vcl_recv while Varnish is running.

The closest you will be able to get to this is to generate the definition using
a scripting language of your choice to generate the necessary acl's; then reload
the vcl via the management interface (varnishadm) to pick up the changes.

~Paul

This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this message. See http://www.datapipe.com/legal/email_disclaimer/ for further information on confidentiality and the risks of non-secure electronic communication. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you.