Blank Referrer with Varnish

James Pearson james at ifixit.com
Sat Feb 16 03:57:10 CET 2013

Excerpts from tousif baig's message of 2013-02-14 22:49:09 -0800:
> I was wondering if its possible to blank referrers with varnish and then
> send it to the server for further processing.
>
> I tried this with *req.http.referer *and then *set req.http.referer* in
> varnish 2.1 on centos 32-bit machine but it didn't work when i checked the
> results with the command *varnishtop -i TxHeader -I Referer*

If I was testing a rule like that, I'd do logging inside my backend
application, not Varnish.  I believe that if you look at incoming requests,
you'll see the headers before they are modified by your VCL, but I may be
mistaken on that.
 - P