Want to know about some of the varnish features

Rajat rajat.toshniwal at tekmindz.com
Wed Jan 2 06:43:04 CET 2013

I am new to varnish and running a heavy education portal , so we want to deploy varnish as cache engine.
But before using it, I want to be cleared about these point, Please help me in understanding these points
a>Is it possible to expire a particular file/content from cache so that if any changes are made to a file/content it can be reloaded into cache from the app server.
I have read about ban (varnish 3.x), but in that case I need to restart the engine to reload the configuration, but that will purge the whole cache. which I do not want
b>Can we instruct varnish not to flush the cache on reboot.
c> What are the rule preferences e.g. if there are two rules applicable for a particular request which rule would get the preference.

Regards
Rajat Toshniwal
Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this message and notify the sender immediately - Samin TekMindz India Pvt. Ltd.