Want to know about some of the varnish features

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Thu Jan 3 08:56:55 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM, Rajat <rajat.toshniwal at tekmindz.com> wrote:

> a>Is it possible to expire a particular file/content from cache so that if
> any changes are made to a file/content it can be reloaded into cache from
> the app server.
> I have read about ban (varnish 3.x), but in that case I need to restart
> the engine to reload the configuration, but that will purge the whole
> cache. which I do not want

This is well covered in the docs.
https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/tutorial/index.html
b>Can we instruct varnish not to flush the cache on reboot.

No.

c> What are the rule preferences e.g. if there are two rules applicable for

N/A - https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/tutorial/vcl.html

--
 <http://www.varnish-software.com/> *Per Buer*
Varnish Software AS