503 Error was met frequently

Shaohui Zheng shaohui.zheng at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:24:11 CET 2013

I refers other people's configure file on internet, it seems that it is out
of date :).

the command *varnishlog -b -i TxURL is a great for debugging.*

Thanks Rangel Raul & Peter Jacobs.

the new VCL configure file works well, and the 503 error has been gone.

You guys really solve me a big problem.

I have other question, I know many people select LVS(Linux Virtual Server),
but I prefer Varnish. I hear from some guys said Varnish can only take 3 ~
5 backends, if it takes more backends, the performance will downgrade too
much. Do you have some experience? how many backends can varnish maintain
with best performance,  just according to the experience.

I already have 5 backends according to the workloads, but it seems that the
backends workload is still too high, I want to add more nodes. Waiting for
your advice, thanks.

--
Best regards
Shaohui