PURGING objects on multiple instances of varnish

Puneet puneet.arora at insticator.com
Wed May 29 18:50:20 CEST 2013

Hi Stephen,

Yes the Varnish will use hash_director.

The Load Banalcer is executing in Round Robin manner. The LB is connected to
4 instances of Varnish which will be given requests in Round Robin fashion.

Now, in order to send the request to Varnish directly, I need the host to be
the IP & Port of the varnish instances.

i.e. let I have ONE varnish instance at 192.168.0.23 at port 3002

so the request will be for " -XPURGE http://192.168.0.23:3002/
<http://192.168.0.23:3002/%3cpath-to-object> <path-to-object> "

By, doing that Varnish gives a response stating "405 Object Not in Cache"

Thanks

Puneet