Ignore Proxy-Revalidate

spaceman spaceman at antispaceman.com
Fri Sep 20 16:34:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have set the cache control header proxy-revalidate to prevent
caching on other peoples proxies (along with must-revalidate).
However I still want it to cache for the max-age lifetime on Varnish.

This is for application that is dependent heavily on Javascript and
has a quick release cycle therefore I can't have scripts getting stuck in
other peoples caches but I still want a fast page load and to allow
client side caching.

How do I get varnish to ignore the proxy-revalidate and cache for
max-age lifetime in VCL?

Regards,
spaceman