vcl_error and first_byte_timeout?

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Fri Apr 4 18:29:55 CEST 2014

I think the answer is no. Varnishlog has some info, but not something you
can pump into varnishncsa. There are of course, a number of ideas floating
around to address this, but nothing has solidified yet.

And in general we're all pretty busy with 4.0, which looks to be in pretty
good shape. :-)

Per.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Jeff Potter
<jpotter-varnish at codepuppy.com>wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Just checking if anyone has any ideas ... the list has been awfully quiet in
> general!
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>

> On Apr 2, 2014, at 11:53 AM, Jeff Potter <jpotter-varnish at codepuppy.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi List,
> >
> > Is there a way to figure out from inside vcl_error if the error was
> raised because of a backend timeout?
> >
> > I'm trying to return a synthetically generated doc to clients that lets
> us see that the error was due to a backend taking too long to reply, so
> that the client can react different in this case (as opposed to other
> errors).
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -Jeff

 <http://www.varnish-software.com/> *Per Buer*
CTO | Varnish Software
Phone: +47 958 39 117 | Skype: per.buer
We Make Websites Fly!

Winner of the Red Herring Top 100 Global Award 2013