The max-age value appears to be: 0

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Tue Apr 8 22:50:36 CEST 2014

Hi Roy.

This list is mostly concerned with Varnish.  This sounds like something
Drupal or Apache does, so you might have better luck seeking help there.

You could potentially work around the issue by forcing the TTL in Varnish.
Please see
https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/3.0/tutorial/increasing_your_hitrate.html#overriding-the-time-to-live-ttl

Regards,

Per.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM, Roy Forster <royf442 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Drupal 7
>  isvarnishworking.com gives me this
> "Varnish appears to be responding at that url, but the Cache-Control
> header's
> "max-age" value is less than 1, which means that Varnish will never serve
> content from cache at this url."
>
> When I serve http pages from port 80 setting the cache control for
> anonymous
> users works as expected.
>
> Yet when I set apache to listen on 8080 and start varnish on port 80 the
> cache control sets max-age = 0, and this is despite adding;
>
> "$conf['page_cache_maximum_age
> '] = 21600;" to settings.php
>
> Hope someone can help me.
>
> Kind regards,
> Roy Forster

 <http://www.varnish-software.com/> *Per Buer*
CTO | Varnish Software
Phone: +47 958 39 117 | Skype: per.buer
We Make Websites Fly!

Winner of the Red Herring Top 100 Global Award 2013