Issue on POST of big files

Riccardo Salamanna riccardo.salamanna at netcentric.biz
Tue Aug 12 12:03:16 CEST 2014

Good morning

I hope you can help me with this: I am no Varnish expert and i am facing an issue where on big upload of files i get a 502 error. We have an apache in front of Varnish, which is of course in front of a backend. I have no issue when uploading directly to the backend server. Reading over the internet i found that it might be useful to pipe big uploads, and to verify i added to vcl_recv

if (req.request == “POST”) {
	return (pipe)
}

and then

sub vcl_pipe {
    set bereq.http.connection = "close”;
}

Yet i incur in the same exact issue. can anybody help me debug this? Many thanks

BR
Riccardo Salamanna