Varnish package build - tests fail

Viktor Villafuerte viktor.villafuerte at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 22 08:46:18 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to build Varnish 4.0.1 on our build servers using Koji. The
build fails on one of the tests

varnish-4.0.1/bin/varnishtest/tests/c00017.vtc

I think I could simply disable the test during the build but I don't
really want to have to do that :)

I found a post (varnish ticket trac) which says

Don't worry of a single or two tests fail, some of the tests are a bit
too timing sensitive (Please tell us which so we can fix it) but if a
lot of them fails, and in particular if the b00000.vtc test fails,
something is horribly wrong, and you will get nowhere without figuring
out what.

Is this so? Or do I need to make sure all the test do finish
successfully?

Anybody has any 'quick' (and good) tips on how to go about this?

thanks

Regards

Viktor Villafuerte
Optus Internet Engineering