new Varnish4 install -- seeing MISSes instead of HITs ? vcl & log included

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi.boukelmoune at zenika.com
Fri Dec 12 00:12:17 CET 2014

Ok,

You just got me curious in the middle of the night, and after I looked
at your link I conveniently remembered seeing something about this
before.

https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/4.0/users-guide/vcl-grace.html#grace-mode

Looking again at your logs after reading this, it makes sense that
you'd always miss. What happens if you remove vcl_hit from your VCL
and entirely leave it to the built-in vcl_hit?

Dridi