can't log in or create new users on mediawiki

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 17:52:45 CEST 2015

> maybe you have a  unset req.http.Cookie; that shouldn't be called when a
> user is logged in/going to login.
> Maybe try to find a way to always call (pass) when a user is logged in. I
> think you 'd be better of not caching when a user is logged in.
> Of course we don't know the use case of your mediawiki, nor do I know
> mediawiki myself .

That was it! I did in fact have  unset req.http.Cookie; set earlier in my
VCL! So now I can log in. Good stuff! However if I disable  unset
req.http.Cookie; altogether my site does not cache at all. Is there any way
to allow cookies just for the login page in the following section?

 if ( req.http.host == "wiki.example.com" && req.url ~
 "^/(index\.php)?\?title=Special:UserLogin(.*)" ) {
    return (pass) ;
   }

Thanks,
TIm

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Balder VC <lists at redlab.be> wrote:

> On 08/17/2015 05:02 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
>

> > So I think I need to find a way to preserve the cookie that's being used
> to identify the user at the end of the URL, which I'm pretty sure will be a
> random string. Can you help me find a way to do this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tim
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:24 AM, Geoff Simmons <geoff at uplex.de
> <mailto:geoff at uplex.de> <geoff at uplex.de>> wrote:
> >

> maybe you have a  unset req.http.Cookie; that shouldn't be called when a
> user is logged in/going to login.
>
> Maybe try to find a way to always call (pass) when a user is logged in. I
> think you 'd be better of not caching when a user is logged in.
> Of course we don't know the use case of your mediawiki, nor do I know
> mediawiki myself .
>

> Regards
> Balder

GPG me!!