Looking for Expert Varnish Consultant (Drupal/WP/DNN)

Peter Brown pbrown at nbmedia.com
Wed Jun 24 00:11:06 CEST 2015

Dear Varnish Gurus,

Two years ago, I found a wonderfully skilled Varnish consultant through this list.

He's still working with us, but has some limitations on time, so I'm now looking for
a second person, who can be a backup and fill in some potential scheduling blanks.

Here are the specs:

- looking for an expert-level Varnish guru with strong experience scaling Varnish

- we're located on the East Coast of the USA, and would prefer to be able to speak on the phone
            . our working hours are 10am - 6pm EST, with phone calls up to 8pm EST
            . since this is part time, it's okay if you can only talk between 6pm and 8pm.

            (thus, we're leaning toward a consultant in the US, but if you're not in the US,
            the above time-frames are important.)

- ongoing Varnish consulting - infrequent, but possibly time sensitive when it occurs

- work can be done in the evenings or weekends

- strong communication skills in clear English are a must.

- detail oriented, with good documentation skills (i.e. to document your work)

- we're a medium to large magazine publisher that uses Drupal and WordPress (on Linux)
            and DotNetNuke (DNN) (on Windows)

            => We currently use Varnish with both Drupal and WordPress, but would like to
            integrate the purging mechanisms with DotNetNuke, as well.

- we have an active/passive Varnish server sitting in front of multiple web nodes
            (so we're not running Varnish on the web nodes, which means that we can
            theoretically use it for DNN on Windows)

- you must have strong experience integrating Varnish with one or more of the CMS's above
            (especially Drupal -- that's our primary Varnish CMS)

            => Thus, strong Drupal experience is important.

Please email me off list with your details.

Thanks!

Peter Brown