/var/lib/varnish tmpfs recommended size and multiple _.vsm files

Web Teknik webteknik.tcmb at gmail.com
Wed May 27 22:19:30 CEST 2015

Hi,

Any suggestions on size of /var/lib/varnish while mounted as tmpfs? We
only have one instance, therefore we thought it would be enough to set
it slightly bigger than 82MB, but while restarting Varnish, some other
shmlog file named _.vsm.4311 got created and Varnish failed to start
because of full disk. Therefore we could not be sure about size of
tmpfs.

Thanks