Even more varnish 4.1 issues

Jason Heffner jdh132 at psu.edu
Fri Oct 16 04:04:16 CEST 2015

It took me a few tries but finally got 4.1.0 to work as expected. As it turns out I use Nginx as a reverse proxy in development to simulate our F5 load balancer on staging/production. I had to upgrade the HTTP proxy version to 1.1 in nginx and it just started working. Nginx 1.8.0 defaults to HTTP 1.0 which should have been fine according to the varnish docs. I was able to recreate through Google Chrome by setting it back to HTTP version 1.0.

I was mostly interested in the HTTP range header fixes which I confirmed are fixed in 4.1 now. Yes! Wouldn’t mind seeing those back ported.

I removed the custom selinux policy I created for v 4.0.3 which required some additions and confirmed the current selinux targeted default policy (v24) for varnishd is working on RHEL6.7 with 4.1.0.

Jason