talking proxy to backends

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Tue Feb 9 17:32:47 CET 2016

Hi Angelo,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Angelo Höngens <A.Hongens at netmatch.nl>
wrote:

I'm testing a new setup with varnish 4.1 and the proxy protocol. Talking
> proxy works fine on the front-end, hitch talking to varnish for ssl
> offloading.
>
> But can I also configure varnish to talk proxy to the backends? (I want
> varnish to talk proxy to haproxy that's behind my varnishes). I cannot seem
> to find any documentation or examples.

I've never heard of any reasons to do so. Varnish doesn't know how to talk
proxy to it's backend.

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to speak HTTP to the backends? The
HTTP request that hits the backend should already have the information
carried in X-Forwarded-For.

Per.

--
*Per Buer*