Varnish install on aws

Mike Jones michaeljones401 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:25:41 CET 2016

Hi,

I have a single ec2 instance running and would like to install and
configure Varnish for that aws instance

I've changed the default settings for varnish - /etc/sysconfig/varnish

DAEMON_OPTS="-a :80 \
             -T localhost:6082 \
             -b localhost:8080 \
             -u varnish -g varnish \
             -s file,/var/lib/varnish/varnish_storage.bin,1G"

and configured httpd - /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to listen on port 8080

But when I restart both services, the webpage fails to load.

There's nothing in the error_log and when I tail -f the access_log nothing
is logged when I refresh the page.
Do I need to open port 8080 too?

Are there any guides on how to configure Varnish for an aws instance?

Thanks