Varnish install on aws

Mike Jones michaeljones401 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 19:43:07 CET 2016

Thank you, running ‘varnishd -d -a :80 -T localhost:6082 -b localhost:8080
-u varnish -g varnish -s file,/var/lib/varnish/varnish_storage.bin,1G’ works

When trying to run your original example it complained 'Only one of -b or
-f can be specified'. So I removed the the 'f'.

Changing it to ‘varnishd -a :80 -T localhost:6082 -b localhost:8080 -u
varnish -g varnish -s file,/var/lib/varnish/varnish_storage.bin,1G’

Starts Varnish and the web page now loads, thank you.

Out of interest, restarting the service fails on stopping the cache

[ec2-user at ip-xxx-xx-xx-xx varnish]$ sudo service varnish restart
Stopping Varnish Cache:                                    [FAILED]
Starting Varnish Cache:                                    [  OK  ]

This isn't a huge issue, but any reason why the cache is failing?

Thanks again :)