Varnish install on aws

Mike Jones michaeljones401 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:56:12 CET 2016

I've noticed that in /etc/varnish/secret that it's empty

And running start and then status gives me varnishd dead but pid file exists

[ec2-user at ip-xxx-xx-xx-xx httpd]$ sudo service varnish start
Starting Varnish Cache:                                    [  OK  ]
[ec2-user at ip-xxx-xx-xx-xx httpd]$ sudo service varnish status
varnishd dead but pid file exists