Varnish Log Doubts

Debraj Manna subharaj.manna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 06:41:39 CET 2016

Hi,

After going through this article
<https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/users-guide/troubleshooting.html>
I am having the following doubts. Can some one help me to clarify this:-

   1. As per the varnish ebook varnishncsa -displays Varnish access logs &
   varnishlog is used to access request-specific data. Can some let me know
   what logs then go in /var/log/messages & /var/log/syslog ?
   2. When varnish crashes due to panic where will varnish dump the
   logs/traces? I know panic.show shows the panic messages in cli. Is there
   a way I can view the panic messages in some files?
   3. When varnish crashes due to segfault where will varnish puts the
   messages and core dump?
   4. How can I dump the 503 / Guru Meditation errors in a file?