Varnish and memory limitation

Jason Price japrice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:31:09 CET 2016

Yes.  More than 64 gb malloc size works fine.  I was using 150gb with no
issue.

Fair warning through:  varnish will use more ram than the malloc size.
That really is just the total size of all cached objects.  There's about 1k
of overhead per object to deal with.  So the Resident Set Size will
probably be higher than your malloc size.

(Also: if you have very short lived objects (10 seconds by default) that
doesn't accrue into the 'malloc' size either... they stack in an unbounded
'transient' storage by default.  I got bitten by caching errors for 5
seconds with this default)

-Jason